Travel Light and Pack Like a Pro
Packing light can save you money and a lot of frustration. Most airlines now charge by baggage weight so it’s a good idea to travel light and pack like a pro.
Here are a few tips to help you sharpen your packing style:
1. Try not to bring more than three pairs of shoes and wear your heaviest pair to keep your bag lighter. Stuff items like sunglasses, chargers, and other useful items into a baggie and then place into your shoes.
2. Keep shoes in gallon size baggies or put the bottom of shoes in a shower cap to protect other items.
3. You’ve heard it before – roll. Rolling your clothing takes up less space and helps to reduce wrinkles.
4. When you pack, layer your bag with rolled clothing on the bottom, folded clothes in the middle, and clothes you are going to use first on top. You can also lay a dry cleaning bag or garbage bag between each layer. Garbage bags might come in handy.
To store rings when traveling, slip them on a large safety pin. Keep necklaces from tangling by stringing the chain through a straw and then close the clasp.
5. Roll a pot holder around your curling iron. This is a great trick if you use your curling iron right before you need to pack!
6. Bring plastic bags to separate dirty and wet clothes from your clean clothes.
7. Women, bring a little black dress, flats, and a few scarves. It’s a classic look when you need to dress up, and it won’t take up much room in your suitcase. You can change scarves for a new look.
8. Men, if you need to bring a dress shirt, roll your belt and place it in the collar of the shirt to help maintain shape.
9. Packing cubes are a great accessory to have, especially if you travel often. This TravelWise Packing Cube System is a good option. They keep your items separated and organized.
10. Bottles are bulky and take up a lot of room so consider storing vitamins in plastic snack bags. It’s a cheap and easy way to travel light and pack like a pro!
11. Protect your belonging from liquid spills. Cover tops of bottles with plastic wrap before adding lids. Place all liquid containers in baggies.
12. What’s a great accessory to carry? The pashmina, of course! Not only are they fashionable as a scarf, bathing suit coverup and shawl, but, they make an excellent blanket and pillow during travel.
If you could have one unique piece of luggage for your travels, what would it be? I like the IT luggage Air 360 3-Piece Set, Moonless Night.
Check out these videos for more clever tips: